2019 DISTRIBUTOR SUMMIT
We are looking forward to hosting you at the 2019 SPANK & iXS Distributor Summit at Sun Moon Lake in Taiwan.
The Taipei International Cycle Show runs from 27 to 30 March 2019 at the Nangang Exhibition Centre in Taipei. SPANK & iXS take this opportunity to host our annual distributor summit from 29 March to 1 April in order to optimize your business travel to Asia over this period.
Please take the time to go through the information below to ensure that you are prepared for a hassle free trip and program.
Complete the registration form by no later than 8 February. Click here for the form.
Book your Taiwan flights with the following schedule in mind:
- 14:00 Friday 29 March - Summit group departure by coach from Nangang Exhibition Centre to Sun Moon Lake
- 19:00 Monday 1 April - recommended earliest departure flight time from Taoyuan
PROGRAMME AT A GLANCE
FRIDAY 29, MARCH
- Meet at iXS / SPANK booth at TAIPEI International Cycle Show.
- Group travel by coach from Taipei to Sun Moon Lake by coach (approx. 2.5hrs journey time)
- Check in and Welcome Dinner
SATURDAY, 30 MARCH
- Brand workshops and group activities in Sun Moon Lake
SUNDAY 31, MARCH
- Brand workshops and group activities in Sun Moon Lake
MONDAY 1, APRIL
- Check out and depart by group coach to Taichung for Factory and headquarters visit
14:00 - 16:00
- Official end of iXS/Spank distributor summit (Taichung), followed by individual departures
NB: DEPARTURE TRAVEL
- We recommend departure flights from Taipei from 19:00 onwards. Earlier flights may be difficult to make due to program and travel logistics.
WHAT WE HAVE COVERED
We have you covered 100% from Taipei Show at 14:00 on Friday, all the way through to Monday 14:00 in Taichung (this includes all local transport, accommodation, meals and activities).
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAN FOR
- $300 Registration fee to attend the Distributor Summit
- Your Taiwan return flights
- Your accommodation, logistics, meals, etc in Taipei if you are attending the Taipei International Cycle Show before the Distributor Summit starts on 29 March
- Your Taipei International Cycle Show registration
- Your local travel (taxi and High Speed Rail) from Taichung to Taoyuan Taipei Airport on Monday, 1 April
The 2019 SPANK iXS Distributor Summit will be hosted at the beautiful Sun Moon Lake. Visit this link if you want to learn more about the area.
ACCOMMODATION AT SUN MOON LAKE
Our team has booked accommodation at the lakeside Richforest Hotel. Your registration automatically includes for sharing a twin room with your colleague or another distributor if you are are traveling alone. Limited single occupancy rooms are available. If you require single occupancy, please ensure to select that option in the Registration Form. Kindly note that an additional charge will be billed over your $300 registration fee if you require single occupancy. Due to limited availability, single occupancy requests will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis.
FACILITIES AT HOTEL
The Richforest Hotel offers gym and pool facilities, as well as spa and games room, all of which you are invited to utilize during your down-time.
LAKE SIDE CYCLING
A small fleet of rental mountain bikes will be reserved for our group, and we will host an early morning lakeside cycle ride pre-breakfast on Saturday, Sunday and Monday for those who wish to meet the dawn pedaling!
Visit this link if you would like to know more about the Richforest Hotel.
ACTIVITIES AT SUN MOON LAKE
With a focus on the Saturday and Sunday brand workshops, rest assured we intend to introduce you to the culture and landscape of Taiwan during the program. Activities we will host include a sundowner lake cruise, cultural experience at the Formosa Aboriginal Culture Village, the famous Sun Moon Lake Ropeway and definitely a taste of Taiwan cuisine.
GENERAL TIPS AND INFO
TAIPEI INTERNATIONAL CYCLE SHOW
Registration for Expo
- If you are attending the Taiwan Cycle Show, remember to register for your Expo ticket. Click here to register for Taiwan International Cycle Show.
- The Show is hosted at Nangang ExhibitionCentre. Click here for venue address and directions.
ACCOMMODATION IN TAIPEI
We recommend that you stay downtown and enjoy the busy districts with plenty of coffee shops, restaurants and shops. Good hotel options that we recommend include:
TRAVEL IN AND AROUND TAIPEI
Taxi: Always have a hotel address in Chinese letters with you. Taxi drivers sometimes do not speak English.
Taipei underground (MRT): The MRT system brings you directly to the exhibition site at Nangang Station: Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center (blue line). Click here for more information on the MRT routes, fares and times.
Taoyuan, Taipei International Airport: The airport is about 30min outside the city center. There is public transportation (MRT & Bus), Taxi and limousine service available at the airport. Click here for more information.
Departure from Taichung to Taoyuan Airport:
- You will first need a taxi from Taichung city centre to the Taiwan High Speed Rail Station (approximately 15-20 minutes, approximately 300 TWD)
- The Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR) brings you from Taichung to Taoyuan Station in 40min (540 TWD for a standard reserved seat).
- Taoyuan is the airport location, don’t make the mistake of selecting Taipei.
- From THSR station it is another 10min by Taxi to the airport (approximately 300 TWD).
- There is also MRT or Bus service available to connect form THSR station to Airport. Click here for further information.
Remember to look for flight departures from 7pm onwards on Monday, 1 April. This way you have enough time to reach the airport after the distributor summit ends. You need to calculate approx. 1.5hrs in travel time from Taichung City to airport terminal.
If you have plans to stay in Taichung for another day or two after the summit, let us know and we can recommend Taichung hotels, and also a more vigorous trail ride with the local SPANK crew.